Medication Therapy Management
A Medication Therapy Management, or MTM, program is a service Eon health provides at no cost. This program is not a benefit. The program is designed to ensure covered Part D drugs prescribed are appropriate and to improve your medication use. The program will reduce risk of adverse events like drug interactions.
If you qualify for this program, we will invite you to participate. You may decide not to participate, but it is recommended you take full advantage of this covered service.
Who is eligible?
Members must meet all of the following criteria for enrollment in the program:
1. Have at least 3 of the following multiple chronic diseases:
- Chronic Heart Failure (CHF)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cardiovascular Disorders
2. Taking at least 8 Part D chronic/maintenance covered drugs
3. Must spend more than $4044 a year on Part D covered medications
How to Enroll in MTM?
If you are eligible, Eon Health will automatically enroll you into the program, and we will notify you by sending a letter in the mail and giving you a call.
You may opt out by calling Eon Health at 1-888-906-3889 (TTY:711). We are open October 1 – March 31, seven days a week, from 8am – 8pm and April 1 – September 30, Monday through Friday, from 8am – 8pm (you may leave a voicemail Saturday, Sunday and Holidays)
What does MTM provide?
- Annual Comprehensive Medicare Review (CMR): This review is a one-on-one consultation with an Eon Health pharmacist. During the review, your entire medication profile is reviewed to ensure appropriate therapy. Goals of the medication therapy and any problems are confidentially discussed. After the review, you will receive a completed Personal Medication List and a Medication Action Plan by mail or in-person delivery.
We will contact you to schedule your annual CMR.
- Quarterly Targeted Medication Reviews
- Follow-up interventions as necessary
- - Prescriber interventions are meant to resolve medication-related problems and to optimize medication therapy
- - These are completed by phone, mail or fax consultation
For more information on the MTM program, please call Member Services at 1-866-352-5305, TTY 711 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. CST, Monday - Friday.
Eon Health has a contract with Medicare to offer HMO and PPO plans. Eon Health also has a contract with the Georgia Medicaid Program and a contract with the South Carolina Medicaid program. Enrollment in Eon Health depends on contract renewal.